THREE MINUTE MAKEUP
TUTORIAL + PHOTOGRAPHY BY AMY NADINE, GRAPHIC DESIGN BY EUNICE CHUN
This look is inspired by all of my French girlfriends that I visit every few years (my hubby is from France so I’m super lucky that we “have” to go back often!). You will never see a Parisian with a Kardashian-amount of makeup on, but my girlfriends still love makeup! I’m not putting them on a pedestal or saying we should look up to them… at all! I’m just appreciating their style and noticing that they don’t ever want to look overdone or like they put in too much effort. I notice when I’m around them, I tone down my makeup too without realizing I’m doing it! Anyway, let’s break it down, feature by feature!
- Your Favorite Kohl Eye Pencil — Use this one ($$) if you want it to stay put or this one ($) if you want it to smudge a little.
- Your Favorite Fat Mascara ($$)
- A Barely-There Bone Eye Shadow
- A Lip Pop — I chose this Creamy Matte Lipstick ($$) in Hot because it’s matte but doesn’t look dry.
- An Under-Eye Concealer that Covers and Doesn’t Crease ($$$)
- Your Favorite Tinted Moisturizer ($$)
- Apply the tinted moisturizer all over your face and neck using your fingers to blend it in.
- Conceal under your eyes.
- Sweep the bone eye shadow all over the lid and crease for a single wash of color.
- Sneak the liner just on the middle part of the bottom lashline to frame just the eye’s color.
- Coat the lashes with mascara.
- Finish with the matte lipstick or a lip stain in a bright color.
- Blush is optional (Emily’s cheeks were rosy enough that I didn’t need it but I personally would on myself!).